In 1949 Alfred Wagg a merchant banker of the Hermitage, East Grinstead, set up what is now The East Grinstead Memorial Estate Limited as a charitable trust for the benefit of the residents of East Grinstead.
The assets placed in trust comprised the East Court estate and incorporating Ashplats Wood. During the latter part of the 20th Century various parts of the land were sold and the playing fields and Ashplats Wood leased to the Mid Sussex District Council.
The company continues to manage Ashplats Wood in conjunction with the Council in accordance with a detailed Management Agreement and continues to invest all its capital from which annual grants are made to worthy causes in the town and surrounding area.
Request for applications
The Company has a board of 12 Directors and the current chair is intending to stand down after 6 years in the post but continue as Company Secretary.
Accordingly, the board now seek applications for the position of Chair. The successful applicant will reside in the East Grinstead area and will have a strong commitment to the area, an interest in woodland management and would naturally be able to chair Directors Meetings.
Applications with CV’s to email@example.com closing date 7th June 2021